Delivery & Installation FAQs
- How can I ensure my delivery will go smoothly?
There are a number of ways to make sure your delivery goes smoothly - such as double checking the size of beds and mattresses prior to placing your order. It’s far easier for us to fulfil deliveries successfully first time if we know more information about your property and requirement - we’ve put together a guide to help you make sure your products are delivered on time and are ready to use as soon as our team leave.
- What is your delivery process and how does it work?
We have warehouses in London, Manchester and provide next-day delivery to customers in the surrounding areas of these distribution centres. Further afield delivery typically takes 5-10 days from the date of order confirmation but lead times for bespoke products and packages may vary depending on the order. In any case, when placing your order our team will provide you with an estimated delivery time frame.
Before the day of delivery, we will provide you with a four and a half hour time slot and call you 30-60 minutes prior to this slot on the day of delivery to double check any final details (and to let you know we’re on our way). Our team will place all items in their designated areas, take away all waste for onward recycling, and leave your products in a ready-to-use state.
- When and where are delivery fees applied?
For a full breakdown of delivery costs please visit our delivery and installation page, we are unable to waive delivery fees but may offer a different rate for large projects with some services on a case-by-case basis.
Please note: There is an additional charge of £149.99 for delivery to the 3rd floor and above where there is only stair access.
- What happens if I miss my delivery?
If we are not able to make a delivery on the agreed day and time this will be classed as a failed delivery and will be subject to a failed delivery charge of up to £100 at our discretion. Failed delivery can result from the following:
- Failed key collection
- Access denied
- Building not ready
- Are you able to remove my old furniture, and how much does this cost?
David Phillips is a registered waste carrier. We can remove and dispose of any unwanted items on a like-for-like basis, though this is limited to up to 20 items of equivalent size and weight to items being delivered.
Please note, you need to inform us prior to the day of delivery that you have items you wish to have removed; you are able to add a list of removal items at the checkout. For more information, visit our disposal information page.
- Why don't you remove packaging from mattresses?
Due to hygiene reasons, our installation team do not remove mattresses from the plastic packaging. This is to provide our customers with the opportunity to test the mattress and ensure that it is suited to their requirements. Once the mattress packaging has been opened the mattress becomes non-returnable.
- What time frame can I expect for a furniture package to be delivered?
Our standard turnaround for furniture packages is 5 days, for rental furniture we strongly advise that you allow up to one week. Our customer account managers will help build a package that’s right for you based on your property’s size, location, and potential delivery constraints such as narrow corridors and flights of stairs. Dependent on the furniture sourced you may find that a more generous time frame is required to deliver, assemble and install a complete package which is why we advise our customers to avoid moving into a property on the day of delivery.
- What happens if something is wrong with my order?
In the unlikely event that you receive incorrect items or services that are of a different quantity to those stated on your order form, We shall make good by replacing or refunding to you the amount you paid for the items in question.
Please contact our customer services team as soon as possible if you believe there is an issue with your order on email@example.com.
- Can I cancel my order?
You are entitled to cancel your order under the Consumer Contract Regulations, provided that you exercise your right by providing us with notice of cancellation in writing, no longer than fourteen (14) days after the day on which you receive the goods.
You shall not be permitted to cancel orders or return any goods that are made to measure or are made to your specification, or that have been clearly personalised or which by reason of their nature cannot be returned or are liable to deteriorate or expire rapidly.
To cancel an order please contact our customer services team on firstname.lastname@example.org or call on 020 3872 2295.
- How do I pay for my order?
We accept most major credit and debit cards.
For goods and Services delivered outside of the UK a different tax regime may apply. Please contact our sales team for further information: email@example.com.
Delivery & Installation FAQs
Find out more
- Delivery charges Our award-winning David Phillips service comprises a team of passionate individuals working across the country. Click here to find out more about our delivery charges. Read more
- Installation & assembly options Find out more about each of our installation and assembly options to help you pick the right option for your order, making sure your property is ready as soon as our team close the door. Read more
- Key collection Our team will collect a properties keys on your behalf from a nominated key holder, returning the keys where requested upon completion. Read more
- Removal & disposal We remove old furniture as directed, as well as all waste and packaging associated with delivering new items and recycling it. Read more
- Delivery tips Our top 10 tips for using our service to make sure your delivery goes as smoothly as possible. Read more